VIPWorks is a partnership between ASD Adult Achievement Center and Bright Feats Directory. We offer a vocational “Skills Lab” training program to include on-the-job experience working in a variety of computer programs and other technology-related disciplines. Our program encompasses print and digital production skills, problem solving skills, entrepreneurship skills, career readiness, developing communication skills for employment, successfully completing identified tasks in appropriate time, and interpersonal skills such as making eye contact and social thinking in the workplace.
Hard Skills Lab
- Photoshop, Powtoons, Canva
- Input text, graphics and photos in publications
- Use software to format and edit videos
- Combine graphics & text to create social posts
- Access & manipulate data in shared documents
- Input information into prescribed templates
Soft Skills Lab
- Social communication in the workplace
- Collaboration and team building
- Time management
- Problem solving to resolve challenges
- Managing anxiety in the workplace
- Critical thinking skills
Program requirements include:
• Over 18, graduated from high school and motivated to participate in program
• Asperger’s, High Functioning Autism, ADHD or PDD-NOS diagnosis with no disruptive behavior
• Registration with Vocational Rehabilitation (if participant wants to be paid)
• Must have a job goal in the print and/or digital production field
• Attend work sessions 2 times a week, in 4-hour sessions
• Must have transportation or be willing to use Lynx, Uber, etc (bus passes available)
- Michele Brindle
- Julia Spence
- Priya Chobe
- Alina Alvarez
8 hours per week
Other Programs available
PEERS® is a 16-week evidence-based social skills training program for ASD adults who are interested in learning skills to make and keep friends and develop romantic relationships..
Task Masters is a step-by-step group coaching program designed to help ASD adults develop the necessary executive function skills needed to meet daily responsibilities.
Launch Pad is a step-by-step life coaching program designed to launch ASD adults into greater independence.
Self Advocacy is designed for ASD adults to develop the skills needed to better communicate their strengths, abilities when interviewing with potential employers or applying to trade schools, colleges.
Career Success Shop is a partnership between ASD Adult Achievement Center and Bright Feats Directory…
Peer Mentoring is an intensive, time-limited self-advocacy training service. This service uses “like-aged” peers to help youth…
Life Coaching looks towards the future, and setting goals, as opposed to counseling or therapy that delves into past traumas or events.
Job Placement-Here at ASD Adult Achievement Center, we have the honor and privilege of working with a population of high functioning young adults on the autism spectrum.
Expressive Arts– is a seven week class where you will participate in several different art projects. These exercises are designed to help better manage anxiety and stress while increasing one’s overall well being and sense of wonder.
Help support ASD Adult Achievement Center with a donation through PayPal. Your generous donation will enable us to enrich the lives of adults with ASD and empower them to reach new levels of achievement and independence!We greatly appreciate any support to help us in our mission to help others.
222 S Westmonte Dr Altamonte Sprgs, FL 32714